Recently, an unprecedented combination of increased public awareness and unique political pressures have affected the approaches of regulators on national and more local levels. As a result, the complex and technical world of food contact regulation has bubbled-up to the surface of public attention, and food contact companies face new and different challenges. In this lively session the presenters will polish up your understanding of the regulatory requirements, explore those unique political and public pressures changing the landscape today, and offer some advice about how to cope with it all.
Topics to be included
• A brief recap of food contact rules in the USA and the EU
• The relationship between EU Regulations and European Member state legislation
• How do FDA rules and US state rules interact with each other?
• The drive to cleaner greener technology and moves against single use plastics; what challenges does this pose and can the existing rules keep up with the pace of change?
• Brexit, what will it mean for food contact?
Eric F. Greenberg, Principal Attorney, Eric F. Greenberg P.C.
Dr Alistair Irvine, Manager, Food Contact Compliance, Smithers Pira