Monday 2 December
Pre-Conference Workshop (afternoon): “Establishing Food-Contact Compliance in the European Union, the United States and China: The Challenges and Comparisons Between the Jurisdictions from a Practical Perspective”
This Keller and Heckman LLP workshop will provide an overview of how to conduct food-contact compliance assessments in the EU, the U.S. and China with case studies on plastic materials and articles and on paper and paperboard to more concretely highlight how the requirements in these jurisdictions deviate. The workshop will also address the technical requirements and, notably, how analytical and toxicity data may be used to help demonstrate compliance in all three jurisdictions despite the different regulatory frameworks.
14:00- 14:30 Registration & Welcome Refreshments
14:30 - 15:45 Presentation 1:
- Main Framework and GMP requirements
- Comparison of Approach and Concepts
- Factors to Consider when Assessing Food-Contact Compliance (including Exemptions from Clearance or Positive List Requirements)
15:45 - 16:15 Networking Break
16:15 – 17:00 Presentation 2:
- Migration Testing Requirements
- Toxicity Data Requirements
- Leveraging Data to Achieve Compliance in all Three Jurisdictions
17:00 - 17:30 Final discussion & Q&A with the speakers
17:30 End of the Pre-Conference Workshop
There will also be plenty of time for discussion, so please bring along any hot topics you would like to discuss.
The workshop is priced at €379 + VAT and can only be purchased alongside a two-day conference ticket
N.B. Only delegates to the conference are eligible to attend the workshop.