Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) are chemical compounds that are present in food contact materials, but have not been added for a technical reason during the production process. Managing and dealing with NIAS is a huge challenge for many of those working in this industry, so this workshop provides the perfect opportunity to learn more about them, and discover potential solutions.
The workshop will cover topics on how to manage and deal with NIAS, including:
- NIAS assessment (i.e. POSH, other oligomers, pefluorocarbon chemicals, mineral oil, primary aromatic amines (PAAs))
- Confusion on what can be done and how can it be done when it comes to NIAS - how to check for contamination
- Guidance to tests - what to do and how to know what tests to do
- What about those substances which are not assessed by EFSA? i.e. NIAS breakdown and reaction products, there is no positive list - how to manage this?
- Industry has toxicological data via REACH and derive own limits - how to calculate acceptable limits to be in compliance with framework legislation
- What do member states accept and what do they not regarding testing data for NIAS - ECHA to explain what data they accept
The workshop will also include a Q&A session.
Tickets are just €499 in addition to your 2-day conference ticket, but places are limited so we advise booking as soon as possible to avoid missing out!
Book now >
*In order to attend the workshop, you must also register for the main Global Food Contact conference.