The scope of this event is much broader than just plastics and paper, with insight into:
- The latest legislation
- Compliance case studies and pertinent issues of food packaging
- Plus information on inks, coatings and adhesives
Why you should attend P&P?
By joining over 200 thought-leaders at Smithers Pira's flagship food contact event, you will:
- Hear detailed and informative presentations with the most up-to-date insight into ongoing challenges, developments and regulatory progresses in Europe and beyond, giving you a 360 degree view of the industry and potential changes on the horizon.
- Get all your questions answered by European regulatory officials, national enforcers, legal experts and experienced industry professionals.
- Receive hands on training by respected authorities in the food contact industry during the specially designed pre-conference workshop.
- Exchange ideas with key players from across the entire supply chain during the numerous refreshment breaks scheduled across event, or be a part of a focused round table discussion.
No matter what level of the supply chain you're involved in, whether you’re a chemical manufacturer, material supplier, brand owner or a scientist, there will be something for you. Come see for yourself why this is the must-attend event in the food contact calendar!
The programme is designed to let you attend the conference that most appeals to you and give you the opportunity to hear about the topics that matter most to your business.
Book your place here today >>
Attendees to the conference comprise of industry leaders and legislators from across the food contact supply chain such as regulatory affairs professionals, chemical manufacturers, material suppliers, brand owners and R&D scientists developing new chemicals for food contact applications.
Focusing on both, plastics and paper in contact with foodstuffs, the conference will be split into separate tracks across the three days, with the first two days dedicated to plastics and non-harmonised FCMs and the final day looking at the paper sector.
Plastics presentations include:
- A view from a complex food industry case: food, packaging and coffee machines, Carlos de la Cruz Garcia, Nestlé Nespresso S.A.
- Adhesives for food contact applications – different approaches for risk evaluation, Alexandra Ross, FEICA Association
- PET bottles: Accelerated migration testing at 10 d / 60 °C versus the ‘real’ situation at end of shelf-life, Diana Kemmer, Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging IVV
Paper presentations include:
- P&P VIS (Pulp & Paper - Value Chain Information System), Vogt Sabine, BASF SE
- Creating value added by managing food safety across different businesses covering the whole supply chain, Kristiina Veitola, Stora Enso Oyj, Division Packaging Solutions
View the full programme
Delegates to the conference will also be able to book themselves onto a thought-provoking, expert led pre-conference workshop organised by 3E Company, taking place on Monday 4th December, which will cover food contact and additives regulations in China. Find out more about the workshop.